Photography Port – Camera:
- 3MPixel Digital Camera, USB2.0 compliant, with software for Windows 7.
- C-mount Adapter, 0.5x, matching chipset size in the included digital camera.
- U-TR-30-2: Trinocular Head with three positions: all light to eyepieces, all light to camera, or split.
Are you asking yourself:
“Why is the resolution so small (3 megapixels)? I have seen 10 MP cameras out there and I want one.” If so, then please click here to understand the physics of light microscopy and why high resolution cameras give empty resolution and waste your binary file size.
- Brightfield – Darkfield – Polarized Vertical Illuminator for Reflected Light.
- Includes a darkfield condenser with a selector knob on the illuminator.
- Large Stage for holding sizable specimens.
- Low Postion XY stage moment for Right Hand Operation.
- U-D5BDRE: Quintuple 5-Place Nosepiece with larger size threads for the larger diameter darkfield objectives.
- Slot in Nosepiece has a darkfield slider inserted.
- U-PO: Polarizer filter slider.
- U-AN360: Analyzer with 360 degrees rotation on a dial and ability to lock the rotation.
- The use of only the U-PO filter gives plane polarized illumination.
- The use of both U-PO and U-AN360 gives the ability to do cross polarization, with the 360 degree rotation giving it in increments. The more common analyzer “U-AN” is fixed without any rotation and is less valuable than what is included here.
- UMPlanFl 5x/0.15 BD Infinity /-
- UMPlanFl 10x/0.30 BD Infinity /-
- UMPlanFl 50x/0.80 BD Infinity /0
- UMPlanFl 100x/0.90 BD Infinity /0
Magnifications of Complete System: 50x, 100x, 500x, 1000x.
These objectives are rated for BD meaning they give an optimal image in both brightfield and darkfield. Other objectives my look similar but are missing the BD marking and will not perform as well as these do under darkfield illumination. Those missing the BD designation cost considerably less and are much easier to find.
Frame Model: Olympus MX40F.
- Frame markings: Made in Japan. Olympus Optical Co., LTD.
- WH 10X/22. Widefield High Eyepoint (can use eyeglasses when viewing) Eyepieces. Field of view 22mm.
- U-LH100L: 12 Volt, 100 Watt Quartz Halogen Lamp Housing.
- Voltage Requirements: 100-120V / 220 – 240V. 1.8/0.8A. 50/60 Hz. Autovoltage for North America and worldwide usage.
- Power Cord. This is supplied but not shown in the images.
This is a reconditioned microscope and is in excellent working condition.
Beware of counterfeit fake parts:
Be sure of who you are buying from as a lot of “used dealers” are selling counterfeit parts, passing them off as originals.
Click this link.
All Original Parts – Not Counterfeit
We only have the Olympus brochure for the MX40:
Click this link: Olympus MX40 Brochure
However, we do have the manual for the MX51 which is quite similar in operation:
Click this link: Olympus MX51 Industrial Microscope Manual
We generally accept purchase orders from government, educational, and industrial facilities. For some orders, we accept credit cards. We also accept bank wire (telegraphic transfers) transfers. Contact us for details.
Shipping costs vary. Please contact us and we will review your location and the cost to ship.
Money Back Guarantee:
We guarantee you will be satisfied with your purchase. If in the unlikely event you are not satisfied and want to return your item, please contact us within 10 days of receiving it. We will then arrange to get you an RMA number and details about how to return it. Shipping costs are non-refundable. We have no restocking fees. We will refund the full price of the equipment.
We warranty all our reconditioned products to be in good working order. We will repair or replace equipment at no charge, during our 90 day warranty period. We have a one year warranty period for labor.